Our Electrodynamic Violin Pickup, comprises a unique, revolutionary, patented pickup system for acoustic instruments, where the instrument itself, becomes a complete pickup system for its own sound. More specifically, the instrument’s strings behave like a microphone’s diaphragm. They convert by themselves the sound they produce, to acoustically modulated electrical signal, while moving in a specifically shaped energy field.
As a result, we have excellent dynamic response and feedback resistance. In contrast to other violin pickups in the market, this one has its own unique, clear-cut character.
– Electromagnetic violin pickup and microphone (optional). Note that system uses its own dedicated microphone and no other microphones are supported.
– Immediate response to playing, full dynamic range, combined with linear frequency response.
– Clean, focused transparent sound, with exceptional detail, linearity, flat frequency response, full dynamic range.
– Ultra-low distortion, absolute no sound colouration and no feedback.
– Furthermore, it has perfect balance among all strings.
– Adjustable volume of strings.
– Minimal interventions or no modifications at all to instruments (no hole drilling, no screws, etc).
– Discreet mounting on the instrument, of minimal weight.
– Also, there is no impact on the natural sound of the instrument (there is no contact at all with any echogenic parts of the instrument).
– Moreover, this Electrodynamic Violin Pickup doesn’t need an external preamplifier.
– Battery status LED indicator.
– Requires a 9 Volt battery.
– Detailed manual with instructional photos included.
– Standard, 6.3mm jack line output.
– Works both with metal or synthetic core strings.
– CAUTION: contains magnets.
While focused primarily on the electric violin player who needs a way to amplify a traditional 4 stringed instrument, the ElectroDynaMic pickup system is considered to be an excellent performer, in all kinds of situations, live or studio. However, if you play mainly acoustic and need a totally acoustic experience (even on high volume stages), consider taking a look at our BridgeDynaMic violin pickup systems. You’ll be astonished!
Comments - Reviews
“Through 30 years of my continous proffesional carrer, I was always looking for the best possible natural – acoustic sound for my violin. What I have heard while playing an Rmacoustics pickup system, is unsurpassed sound quality and a wealthy signal output. A combination we all seek when we need to amplify our violin’s natural sound. I really like it’s perfect, clean, effortless installation, without any alteration to the violin’s natural sound, but the huge advantage is the amazing response it exhibits to “sound-picking”. Unbelievable bowing response, perfect adaptation to glissanto techniques, better overall control over pitch while playing, all with such a sensitive and tricky instrument like violin. The system combines all the advantages of an electric violin, in order to post process signal using any kind of effects, but it is also very transparent and clean, when it comes to natural, uncoloured violin sound. Another point is the ability to adjust each string’s volume, using just a small pressure to the mounting plate attached (non invasively) to the end of the fingerboard”
"I just installed the RM Acoustics pickup and I am very impressed. It produces a very clean tone. There is no noise or feedback issues, and none of the nasal sound that many other pickups have. It is a little on the bright side to my taste, but this can be controlled via tone controls. Pizzicato tone is also very warm and mellow. Installation was easy, even though it requires several steps. No modifications to the violin body itself are needed, except for putting conductive foil on the nut and small wired clamps on the strings at the tailpiece. Overall the RM Acoustics pickup is the best sounding pickup I have used."