Our Electrodynamic Violin Pickup, comprises a unique, revolutionary, patented pickup system for acoustic instruments, where the instrument itself, becomes a complete pickup system for its own sound. More specifically, the instrument’s strings behave like a microphone’s diaphragm. They convert by themselves the sound they produce, to acoustically modulated electrical signal, while moving in a specifically shaped energy field.
As a result, we have excellent dynamic response and feedback resistance. In contrast to other violin pickups in the market, this one has its own unique, clear-cut character.
– Electromagnetic violin pickup and microphone (optional). Note that system uses its own dedicated microphone and no other microphones are supported.
– Immediate response to playing, full dynamic range, combined with linear frequency response.
– Clean, focused transparent sound, with exceptional detail, linearity, flat frequency response, full dynamic range.
– Ultra-low distortion, absolute no sound colouration and no feedback.
– Furthermore, it has perfect balance among all strings.
– Adjustable volume of strings.
– Minimal interventions or no modifications at all to instruments (no hole drilling, no screws, etc).
– Discreet mounting on the instrument, of minimal weight.
– Also, there is no impact on the natural sound of the instrument (there is no contact at all with any echogenic parts of the instrument).
– Moreover, this Electrodynamic Violin Pickup doesn’t need an external preamplifier.
– Battery status LED indicator.
– Requires a 9 Volt battery.
– Detailed manual with instructional photos included.
– Standard, 6.3mm jack line output.
– Works both with metal or synthetic core strings.
– CAUTION: contains magnets.
While focused primarily on the electric violin player who needs a way to amplify a traditional 4 stringed instrument, the ElectroDynaMic pickup system is considered to be an excellent performer, in all kinds of situations, live or studio. However, if you play mainly acoustic and need a totally acoustic experience (even on high volume stages), consider taking a look at our BridgeDynaMic violin pickup systems. You’ll be astonished!